Deer Meat Recipes: Venison Sandwiches
If you have a deer hunter in you family, consider yourself lucky since you probably have a freezer full of venison right now! This recipe for venison sandwiches is my husband’s and my favorite way to cook and eat deer meat! We could easily eat this at least twice a week without getting tired of it.
The KEY ingredient for us is the hot pepper cheese…it’s a MUST! We like our food with a little kick so if you prefer something less spicy, simply use a different kind of cheese.
Cooking Method: Slow Cooker
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6 hours
Yield: 8 Sandwiches
Servings Size:1 Sandwich
- Place the venison and onions into a slow cooker. No need to thaw or brown the meat.
- Sprinkle the onion soup mix over the deer meat and add enough water to just cover the meat
- Place cover on slow cooker and cook on high for at least 6 hours or until the meat is tender
- Remove venison from the slow cooker and shred with a fork
- Return shredded venison to the slow cooker
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon the meat onto the bottom of a sub bun
- Top Venison with hot pepper cheese and the top of the sub bun and enjoy!
You can drain the venison if you prefer dryer sandwiches. I don’t drain the meat too well since my husband loves extra juice to dip his sandwiches in.
This is the easiest Deer Meat Recipe that I know of especially since you do not have to thaw or brown the meat! Plus, there aren’t many ingredients and you can quickly prepare it in the slow cooker! Double this venison recipe if you would like to have sandwiches for lunch or dinner the next day!
If you are looking for additional Venison Recipes, check out this Slow Cooker Recipe for Venison Soup using V8 Juice! or my Venison Recipes Pinterest Board! If you have a Venison board as well, leave your link in the comments so I and others can follow it and pin some recipes 🙂
If you aren’t on Pinterest but have a favorite venison recipe that you would like to share, you can leave the recipe in the comments as well! I’m always looking for new ways to make deer meat although I tend to keep making these sandwiches over and over since I love them so much!