Vegetable Beef Soup with V8 Juice
Thanks to Kerri for this recipe for Vegetable Beef Soup with V8 Juice! You can make it in a crock pot or stock pot!
If you don’t have a crock pot yet, I highly recommend getting one! I am obsessed with mine! You can get nice ones for pretty inexpensive on Amazon. Plus, if you are grinding Venison or other meat, Amazon has a KitchenAid Meat Grinder Attachment!
This Vegetable Beef Soup recipe uses V8 Juice! We see a lot of sales for this Juice plus you can always get deals for vegetables and soup mix!
Vegetable Beef Soup with V8
- 1 46oz. Container V-8 juice plus the same container full of water
- 1.5-2 lbs Ground Beef Cubed will work also
- 2 cans Mixed Vegetables
- 1 pack Lipton Onion Soup Mix Or use this combo...Beef bouillon and minced onions. I use dehydrated minced onion, add to tast
- In your crock pot or stock pot, dump V-8 juice in. Fill your V-8 container with water and pour it into the pot. If you are using burger you can pre-cook it and put it in the crock pot. I use whatever beef I have on hand ground or cubed and its been great (venison too). If using cubed beef just toss it into the crock pot.
- Dump both cans of mixed vegetables in, juice and all.
- Add one or the other of the following - BUT NOT BOTH: 1 onion soup mix packet OR minced onions and a couple bouillon cubes (season to taste, but watch how much salt you use because of the bullion and/or onion soup mix).
- Stir, cover & cook on low in your crock pot for the 8 hours.
Check out how Inexpensive Kerrie was able to make this Vegetable Beef Soup with V8 for:
“I had V-8 for $1.25 a large bottle, burger was 99¢/lb for 90/10 (total score and hardly any fat) and 2 cans of mixed vegetables that I bought months ago for 25¢/can. So about $3.73 for two nights of dinners for my hubby and I and a nice size bowl for my lunch. If you double it, expect a bunch.”
I can’t wait to try this frugal & healthy recipe! We have LOTS of venison that I probably will use! Thanks so much Kerrie for passing along this recipe!
For a more traditional version try this Beef Soup Recipe!
Checkout the LadySavings Recipes Page for my personal favorites!