When trying to save money on your grocery bill, half the battle is getting food for cheap, the other half is figuring out what to do with the food you bought 🙂 I would love to know what kind of frugal recipes you love so if you have one that you would like to share, please email me at tammy @ ladysavings.com.
I’ve been cooking in my slow cooker weekly since getting it for Christmas. There are a million recipes out there – you’ve probably seen me posting about the FREE ones on Amazon 🙂 I’ve read many recipes and tried out a few but it seems like I never have all the ingredients on hand. One of our favorite things to cook in the slow cooker is Beef Soup. I guess you would call it soup even though I don’t use much of the broth – I like to eat it with a fork!
One thing I love about this recipe is that it’s REAL food and Healthy! Plus, you don’t have to measure anything! Just cut as many veggies as you like. My son likes it with more meat while I prefer the veggies. Another thing that I love is that it’s very frugal and makes for an inexpensive dinner!
I usually buy the fresh French Bread at the store for $1 to complete this Healthy and Frugal meal! All the Veggies in this soup are usually inexpensive, we’ve had many deals on the Lipton Soup Mix and the beef can be a cheap cut (since it cooks for many hours, it turns out really tender no matter how cheap the cut is!)
3 Stalks of Celery
1 -2 lbs of Beef
2 packets of Lipton Beefy Onion Soup Mix
1. Cut all veggies into bite size pieces.
2. Cut Beef into 1-inch squares and brown in skillet with 2Tb of oil.
3. Place Beef over the vegetables, sprinkle Lipton Soup Mix over the meat and then add water to just cover the ingredients.
4. Set Slow Cooker for about 6-8 hours (depending on how large you cut the Veggies).
5. Enjoy 🙂 This recipe is so simple and easy! Most of us already have all the ingredients – no need to buy some expensive spice that you’ll only use once! Remember that you can adjust the amount of meat and vegetables!
If you like V8 try this different Beef Soup Recipe!
Checkout the LadySavings Recipes Page for my personal favorites!