Thanks to my niece Brittany for sending me photos of the Orange French Toast Recipe that she uses! Brittany is only 16 years old and not only makes great recipes but she also takes amazing pictures!
Orange French Toast Recipe
- 6 slices of italian, white or wheat bread
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. finely shredded orange peel
- 1 1/2 tsp. orange juice
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Margarine or butter for the pan
- Confectioner’s sugar (optional)
- Your favorite Maple Syrup
- Cut a pocket horizontally into each slice of bread, without cutting all the way through. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cream cheese, orange peel, OJ, and sugar. Spoon 1 heaping tsp. into each bread pocket. Use a knife to spread evenly.
- In a small bowl, beat together the milk, flour, and vanilla. Place bread, one at a time, into the milk mixture. Let soak about 5 seconds and then flip over and let soak another 5 seconds.
- Melt the margarine on a griddle or pan over medium heat. Cook the bread slices for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar and maple syrup.
Picture Credit: Brittany Cameron
Checkout the LadySavings Recipes Page for my personal favorites!