If you love White Chocolate, you’ll want to try these Chocolate Cupcakes with White Frosting Icing Recipe! The frosting for this recipe is meant to be made ahead of time. Read through full recipe before proceeding.
Chocolate Cupcake Recipe with White Chocolate Icing
For the Chocolate Cupcakes
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vinegar
For the White Chocolate Frosting
2 cups butter, room temperature
2 cups white chocolate chips
For the Toppings
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tins, and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients with a mixer or wooden spoon until all lumps are gone.
- Bake for about 23 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- For frosting, combine butter and white chocolate chips in saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until completely melted. Remove from heat, allow to cool for 15 minutes. Allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or until the mixture becomes solid.
- Let mixture sit out and reach room temperature. This will take up to an hour. Place mixture into a bowl and beat for a few minutes until frosting becomes light and fluffy.
- Top with chocolate syrup and shavings (optional).
Looking for more Chocolate Recipes? Check out my Easy Homemade Whoopie Pies Recipe!