Once watching this video (go here if you can’t see it above), you’ll see why I haven’t made a video before….LOTS of rambling and “ummm’s” . So I apologize in advance. 😉 My 11 year old daughter helped me out by filming me and we did have a lot of laughs together which was fun 😉 I’m hoping this will answer some of the questions that beginners have when shopping at Giant Eagle. For more details, read the post below which contains links to quickly find the pages on the Giant Eagle’s website. If you have any questions or need something explained better, just let me know. Also, If you have any tips or see something I left out, leave a comment below!
To quickly find my latest Giant Eagle posts, go here!
Giant Eagle Coupon Policy:
Go here for the new Giant Eagle policy (This post/video was done prior to the new policy)
Where Catalinas or OYNO’s are listed:
- Monthly Catalinas are listed on the Giant Eagle’s website here. These do not run from the the beginning of the month to the end so check when the current offers expire.
- Unadvertised: Many times these are printed from the catalina machine at Giant Eagle even though they aren’t advertised anywhere else. We keep a roundup here!
Tips for Catalinas
- It’s not always clear whether a catalina will print multiples. We can know for sure that they won’t if they say Buy 5 “OR MORE” & get $X OYNO. Anytime you see the words “or more”, you’ll know not to buy more than that amount in a single transaction.
- You can “roll” catalinas at Giant Eagle. If you are splitting up your transaction, you can use the catalina from your first transaction on your second one and still get another catalina (assuming you buy the correct items)
- Catalinas that state $x OYNO wyb(when you buy) $xx worth of participating products are a little trickier for beginners and sometimes even experienced Giant Eagle Shoppers – If you want to be guaranteed that the Catalina will print or that Customer Service will reimburse you if it doesn’t, then you’ll need to reach the dollar amount by using the current price (sale price) of the items. If you want to try to get a better deal by using shelf price, I’ll explain this below. Shelf price is not guaranteed and Customer Service will NOT reimburse you if it doesn’t work so keep that in mind before trying it.
- You can see the information on Fuelperks on Giant Eagle’s website.
B1G1 FREE Sales
- Giant Eagle rings up their B1G1 FREE sales at half price. This means that you CAN use a coupon for each item since you aren’t really getting either for Free, but paying half price for each.
- You do not have to buy 2 items to get the sale price. Buying just 1 will still give you the sale price.
- The exception to this rule when fresh meats are on sale for B1G1 Free. You need to buy 2 to get the deal and the lower priced one will be free. (This not doesn’t include items like Hillshire Farm Kielbasa, Bob Evans Sausage, etc. which will ring up half price)
Understanding the Giant Eagle Matchups
- When looking at the Giant Eagle Matchups on my site, I highlight what I consider to be the BEST deals (stock-up deals) in green, the good deals in pink and all other deals remain black. Be sure to look over all the deals as their might be something that you use regularly that is a great price that I didn’t mark as a “stock-up deal”. Items that I do not buy like diapers and other baby items are hard for me to know when it’s a rock-bottom deal!
- I list coupons that are printable, come from inserts since most couponers are able to access these coupons. Be sure to check your envelopes or binders to see if you have any coupons that you printed that were no longer available to print when I did the match-up or any other coupons you may have from blinkie machines, tear pads, etc. Also keep an eye out for peelie coupons on the products at the store.
- I try to list all available coupons, I am not saying to “stack” them together and use more than 1 coupon per item which would be illegal. I am simply listing the different places you could find coupons for each product.
You can email me with any questions at Tammy (at)ladysavings.com or leave a comment below 🙂