Kerri passed along her Vegetable Beef or Venison Soup with V8 Juice a while back and I finally got around to making it….and I’m glad I did! You can use a slow cooker for this or simply a crock pot. I thought I would repost this now that I have a picture to go with the recipe!
I tweaked this slow cooker recipe a little so be sure to check out Kerri’s original Beef Soup Recipe using V8 Juice. The V8 Juice I bought was 64oz which is much larger than the cans so I had to adjust the ingredients. This Vegetable Beef Recipe was delicious AND Healthy! How often do you use 6 cans of veggies for your dinner?!
Vegetable Beef or Venison Soup with V8 Juice
- 1 (64oz) bottle of V-8 juice plus the same container full of water
- 2-3 lbs of ground beef or venison, browned and drained
- 6 cans of mixed vegetables (any kind you want! I used mostly green beans and corn)
- 2 envelopes of Onion soup mix (I used “beefy onion”)
- Pour the V-8 juice plus the water into the slow cooker
- Add the COOKED ground beef or venison
- Add 6 cans of vegetables
- Add 2 envelopes of onion soup mix
- Stir, Cover and Cook on low for the day or High for a few hours.
Thanks again to Kerri for this recipe! For a more traditional version try this Beef Soup Recipe!
Checkout the LadySavings Recipes Page for some of my favorite recipes!
I made a separate picture for the Venison Soup Recipe….so I could pin it on my Venison Recipes board I would love for you to pin one of these pictures to your Pinterest boards!
I’m always looking for venison recipes so if you have a board on Pinterest with venison recipes, leave your link in the comments below and I will follow you! You can follow me on Pinterst here.