**picture must have been lost when moving servers – I’ll be updating soon with new picture 🙂
I posted my Favorite Pepperoni Stromboli Recipe over a year ago, but I thought I would post it again for anyone new to my site – and this time with pictures(: I found this recipe in a taste of home magazine many years ago, but it’s also online HERE. I’ve changed it some..
1.Make a basic bread dough in your bread machine (I make 1 1/2 lbs) or you can buy frozen dough and let it thaw.
2. Divide the dough into 2 pieces (the one for the bottom can be larger). Roll the bottom half out and lay it over a greased cookie sheet.
3. Spread about 1/2 cup of Spaghetti or Pizza Sauce on the dough leaving about an inch around all sides. I never measure this – I just pour some on!
4. Sprinkle Pepperoni on top of the sauce. I used to completely cover the sauce with pepperoni, but my kids prefer less. I also like to cut the pepperoni into fours to make it less messy when eating(: Basically it takes a bag or less of pepperoni.
5. Spread Mozzarella Cheese over the pepperoni. I use a whole bag (2 cups)
6. fold sides of dough up
7. Mix about 2T of melted Butter or margarine with Parmesan cheese to make. I don’t measure this either – just keep adding Parmesan Cheese until you get a good consistency to spread over the Stromboli.
8. Bake at 325 for 25 minutes or until golden.
9. Slice into strips to serve (I like to cut my strips into little squares to make it easy to eat!) Enjoy! This is Yummy and it’s one of the few things that ALL of my family will eat(:
**If you don’t have picky eaters, you could add in many ingredients including mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, etc! One when we were out of spaghetti sauce (gasp!) we used olive oil instead and it was delicious that way too!