I LOVE Creamy coupons like the Crab Soup, Cream of Broccoli Soup and Pea Soup so this Potato soup recipe has already won me over
Homemade Potato Soup
3 diced Bacon strips
1 chopped small onion
1 minced clove of garlic
3 TB all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp pepper
3 Cups chicken broth
2 large cubed baked potatoes
1 Cup half and half cream
1/2 Cup parmesan cheese
1. In a large saucepan, cook the bacon until crisp. Drain. Set bacon aside and reserve 1 TB of yummy drippings.
2. While the bacon is cooking, mix the flour, salt, basil and pepper together.
3. Saute onion and garlic in the bacon drippings.
4. Stir in flour, salt, basil, pepper and mix well.
5. Add broth.
6. Bring to boil and stir for 2 minutes. As it boils, cut your potatoes. (you can peel them if you want)
7. Add the potatoes and simmer until potatoes are soft.
8. Add cream and Parmesan cheese. Let it simmer until ready to enjoy!
9. Add bacon and cheese on top – Yummy!
*Be sure to not have your stove up to high when simmering….Cream soups are known to boil over – mine do every single time 😉
Thanks Cleverly Simple for Recipe and picture!