If you want to make your own Pizza Crust, here’s a recipe that you can mix up by hand or use your bread machine to do the work for you 🙂 Lynette from Cleverly Simple suggests to bake at a high temperature and use a dark baking sheet for the best results!
Ingredients for 1 Larger Pizza:
2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast (or 1 package)
1 Cup warm water (110 degrees F)
2 1/2 Cups bread flour
2 TB olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 tsp white sugar
Olive Oil to spread on baking sheet
Bread Machine Directions:
1. In bread machine combine warm water, olive oil, salt and white sugar.
2. Add bread flour.
3. Add dry yeast.
4. Start bread machine on the dough setting. (See your instruction manual. My bread machine has a pizza setting.)
5. After two minutes check to makes sure the dough is coming off the of the sides of the bowl as the bread machine mixes it. Add more flour if needed. Continue cycle.
Traditional Directions (if you don’t have a bread machine)
1. Dissolve sugar in warm water.
2. Add yeast and stir. Let stand until creamy. (Approximately 10 minutes)
3. In a large bowl combine bread flour, olive oil, salt and the yeast mixture. Stir well to combine.
4. Knead in mixer with bread hook until the dough has formed. (At least 5 minutes.)
5. Cover and let rise until the dough has doubled in volume. (About 30 minutes.)
Directions once dough is made:
6. Preheat oven to 450 F
7. Spread olive oil evenly onto dark baking sheet. (about 2 TB)
8. Spread the dough onto the baking sheet. (The dough will be sticky.)
9. Prick the dough with a fork.
10. Bake for 7 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and add sauce, cheese and your toppings of your choice.
12. Bake for another 7-10 minutes.
*The Dough will be sticky. I usually rub olive oil on my hands to help spread the dough. You can also use flour.
*After the dough has baked for the first 7 minutes. Run a spatula between the dough and the baking sheet to loosen the dough from the pan. You are then ready to add your toppings.
*Double the recipe to make two large pizzas.
Thanks To Cleverly Simple for recipe and picture!