You can download a FREE eCookbook: Mr. Food – Decadent Desserts which has many recipes including the Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Recipe below which uses cake mix for a shortcut! This recipe makes 2 cakes. YUMMY!
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 (20-ounce) can pineapple slices, drained
10 maraschino cherries
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the bottom of two 8-inch round cake pans and pour the butter evenly over the sugar.
3. In each pan, arrange the pineapple slices in a single layer over the sugar and place a cherry in the center of each slice.
4. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs; beat until well combined.
5. Evenly divide the batter between the two pans and bake 30 to 33 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of each comes out clean. Let the cakes stand for 5 minutes.
6. Loosen gently with a knife and invert onto 2 platters. Serve warm, or allow to cool completely before serving.
Look for the picture below to sign-up for their emails to get even more recipes!