How to use the ibotta App at Giant Eagle and other stores!

I’ve been wanting to try out the Ibotta app for a while but have been kinds busy (with all that Christmas shopping!) so after downloading the app last week I finally tried it out last night. It’s SUPER Easy to understand and is one more way to save on grocery and other items.

You’ll need a smartphone (iPhone or Android) to use this app.  It’s been available for quite a while for the iPhone but according to my friend Katie over at Kroger Krazy, the Android version is pretty new!  Many stores are participating including drugstores, but since I’m mainly a Giant Eagle Deal website, I’ll be focusing mostly on the deals you can score there!

Right now you can score an extra $5 by using this link to sign-up.  You will not see the amount in your account immediately, but once you make your first ibotta transaction it should show up.  The BEST part of ibotta is you can still use coupons for the items you buy AND still get the ibotta deposit!

ibotta App Example 1

When you open the ibotta App, you’ll see the offers (many pages so you’ll need to scroll left to right).  Each offer will have the amount that you can earn when buying the product.

ibotta App Example 2

For example, They have a ChapStick Moisturizer Green Apple offer where you can earn up to $1!  You simply need to click on the three tokens to earn each amount.  Most of them are a quick trivia question, fact or video.  I clicked on each token and earned the $1 so now it’s loaded in my account and ready.

ibotta App Example 3

Once I shop at one of the participating stores and buy this item, I’ll take a picture of my receipt and click on “redeem” to upload the picture and get the $1!  It’s that easy and I hear the money gets deposited pretty quickly.

ibotta App Example 4

I was super excited to see Orange Juice as one of the offers! OJ is ALWAYS on my shopping list :)  Let us know  if you have tried ibotta before and what you think about it!  They have some really great offers on items I actually buy…stay tuned for some great deals I spotted at Giant Eagle using these ibotta offers!

Giant Eagle Couponers Group

• Jenni January 1, 2013, 8:26 pm

I joined but giant eagle doesn’t show up on my offers. What am I doing wrong

• Tammy January 1, 2013, 8:52 pm

Hi Jenni – It should be there for everyone. Once you activate a few rewards, click on the upper left-hand corner and then on Shopping list. You should be able to scroll thru the stores and see Giant Eagle.

• Christy January 1, 2013, 8:50 pm

Yes I was wondering too- I signed up and have it on my phone but haven’t used it yet since GE wasn’t on the list. That was about two weeks ago….

• Christy January 1, 2013, 9:06 pm

Yeah- it is there now! Time to get busy saving! Thanks for all you do!

• Debbie K. January 1, 2013, 9:31 pm

Does anyone know if this app would work with an “ipod Touch” or does it only work with “iphone”?
    Thanks for the help!

• Tammy January 2, 2013, 8:58 am

I know it works with iPad so I’m pretty sure the Touch is fine as well!

• brenda January 2, 2013, 10:05 am

Thank you for this post. I may not have tried it otherwise, but now I’m excited to try!

• Tanya January 5, 2013, 3:48 pm

I put in 5-6 offers and GE still isn’t on this list.

• Amy January 6, 2013, 8:07 am

Thanks for this – I finally decided to sign up with your referral link!

• Katrina January 8, 2013, 8:37 pm

My receipts are always really long. Do I only buy the products on the list or can I do my regular shop and take the pic of the receipt?

• Tammy January 8, 2013, 9:31 pm

You can buy everything you normally would, it just takes a little longer to take a picture of the receipt:) My GE receipt was really long so I had to take a picture, move the phone down, take another picture, move the phone again, and again ;) So that’s why I suggest splitting up the transaction to make it less work when taking a picture of the receipt.

• Heather December 7, 2013, 10:10 pm

My app doesn’t show many store including giant eagle and cvs, I’m using an ipad 2. Any suggestion?