I posted this a while back but thought I would repost it for anyone that missed it! This is truly one of my favorite recipes
I found this Chicken Noodle Casserole from aTaste of Home Magazine years ago (they also have it on their website here).
This recipe is Very Inexpensive if you stock-up on the ingredients when they are on sale!
(Photo and recipe credit to Taste of Home) I put in parenthesis things I do differently.
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use a little less)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (I usually just boil 1 chicken breast)
- 1 small onion, chopped (I LOVE the onion in this, but my son doesn’t so I leave it out if he’s home)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper (I also LOVE the green pepper (gives the recipe a little crunch along with onion) but I leave it out as well if my son is home.
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper (I never have a red pepper on hand)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Stir in the chicken, onion, peppers, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Add noodles and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.